Wednesday, July 11, 2012

PEPLUM TREND

1.
        



2.






3.



    The peplum trend has to be one of my favorites this summer. It goes perfectly with the bold, the bright, and the prints! It gives a feminine touch to any top, skirt, or dress. I've chosen three ways to wear this trend.


Outfit #1:
    First of all, I love printed denim! These Paige Jeans are so pretty! I've been eyeing them at Nordstrom for the past week. The red/white polka is such a neutral print. God knows I love polka dots. They will never go out of style. You can pair them with a Cream colored sheer top, a white tee, or go a little nautical and pair it with a navy top like I did here. I love the feminine touch this top gives the over all look. I paired it with flats and a fringe yellow cross body bag to give it a pop of yummy color. This is something I'd wear on the weekend, during the day. Or at night to the movies.  If you'd want to dress it up, pick your hair up into a cute top knot (or as you desire), add a statement necklace, heels, lose the bag, and add a clutch. BAM! You're set.


Outfit # 2:
     The second look here is more of an upgraded daytime look that yells chic and classy. I love pencil skirts! It flatters most body types; especially an hourglass figure. I also clearly love prints. I paired this plain white peplum sleeveless top with this fitted amazing pencil skirt to really give the skirt it's deserved spotlight. White or beige would be the best choice to wear with this skirt in my opinion. These Zara shoes are currently my fave as well. The ankle strap, platform-less heel is definitely in this year. Who would've thought? This only confirms history will always repeat itself folks. Anyway, I added this gold Collar necklace because It's simple and it doesn't clash with the skirt's fabulous bold print. Then like always, I add a pop of color with a neon clutch to make it fun. This is a perfect outfit for any special event you'd have during the day. It can also be easily converted to a night out as well.


Outfit #3:
      The peplum dress! This is probably the most common way to wear peplum. I've seen it here in Miami more than I've seen the peplum top. I chose this bright yellow dress, because I find the silhouette to be so classic and preppy. The bright color makes it so fun and so summer. It'd be just as gorgeous in any color too. When yellow is in the equation, I love color blocking. I think turquoise and yellow pair well together, so I added these fun (again Zara heels) in this turquoise and cobalt blue color to contrast with the yellow. I felt this Coral clutch contrasted beautifully as well, along with this delicious YSL Coral lipstick to really make this outfit something to remember. This statement necklace is a lighter shade of turquoise so it wouldn't be too much. I'd also go with a gold statement necklace for this outfit. The option is really yours. This outfit would be fabulous for a romantic dinner with your significant other, or a girls night out.
     
P.S. Excuse my recent absence, I've been so busy lately, I haven't had time :(

No comments:

Post a Comment